Silkypix V5 Pro (for Panasonic cameras only) special offer

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
snapster
Forum MemberPosts: 71Gear list
Like?
Re: Silkypix V5 Pro (for Panasonic cameras only) special offer
In reply to Guy Parsons, Dec 16, 2012

I received the email offer and was a little skeptic as to whether or not it was worth it. Downloaded the trial version (it's free for thirty days) and tried it out.  I uninstalled the SE 3.1 which came with the GH3, which I noticed was already better than the SE 3.1 that came with my GH1 3 years ago.

I liked the HDR slider control. The image is almost spot on with the default settings.  They seem to have moved away from the tastes with this version. Film Color V2 is better in the 3.1 version, but colours in general are better in the upgraded version. As I said the default values are almost spot on and only need a little saturation. Auto white balance is improved and has two settings, natural and absolute.

Controls are slighly different. I liked the preloaded aspect ratios in 3.1. In the 5 you have to enter them.  There is no edit comment box but there is an edit EXIF info which is more powerful.  You can enter your name, location taken etc.

I redid some GH1 images shot at ISO 1600 and noticed an improvment in the noise. The image loads up in compatbility mode and as you change the settings (contrast, color, sharpness) to default it switches over to version 5 mode with a very noticeable improvement in noise. The resultant GH1 image is relatively clean and hard to believe it was shot at 1600.

I'm sold. I'm buying the upgrade.

-- hide signature --

Paul

snapster's gear list:snapster's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
:-)New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow