Congrats to "TOF guy"!

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
FtoDin5min
FtoDin5min Regular Member • Posts: 407
Re: Don't mention it

TOF guy wrote:

May take more time than I anticipated.

I'll let the other participants who have "won" a spot among the group of moderators introduce themselves.

While we're on the topics of moderation:

- Moderators can readily see the threads which have triggered a complain (and the number of complains as well). The contentious posts are also marked. So using the "complain" feature is a very good way to attract attention to posts which do not follow the forum rules. I intend to check all threads which are flagged so as systematically as possible.

- We can't see who is complaininig (or at least I don't know how), if anonimity matters to you.

- Feel free to send me private messages as well if you're concerned that a post merits the moderators attention. I'll ask you to refrain using my personal address though: it's a bit of a family inbox instead of just my own. And I'd rather keep our silly arguments to ourselves

- Observation: we have more problematic posts than the high end DX forum does (yes I moderate this forum as well). Kind of counter the intuition as I would have thought the high end FX forum would attract a more pro or "serious photographers" audience, people more focused on the art of photography and the tools to get there.

- The purpose of moderation is not to discourage disagreeements, including animated discussions (you know: divergent, obstinated, etc POVs, as we all occasionally do), as long as they stay civil. There are some complains which seem to relate about a person disagreeing with another instead of a true problem. No moderating action will be taken in such situations.

Give us a little time. With everybody's help I truly think that this forum will get much better very soon.

-- hide signature --

Thierry

Felicitations!!!

I think this is great news for the forum.

Having being so frustrated quite a few times by the impunity of spammers and trolls, I have been sucked in on quite a few occasions and probably over reacted on some occasions; I apologize for this (not to the trolls and spammers but to everybody else).

If the owners of DPR realized that mods were needed, I have no doubt that they will also monitor and make sure that moderators' impact is a positive one. Well done DPR and congrats to the newly appointed mods.

-- hide signature --

FTD5

FtoDin5min's gear list:FtoDin5min's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
TOF guy MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
TOF guy MOD
ayt
Higuma MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow