Strapping my new camera

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
janeenadamsmartin
Contributing MemberPosts: 614Gear list
Like?
Re: Strapping my new camera
In reply to Deleted1929, Dec 16, 2012

I have FZ200.   I hate having any strap on it, but I use Joby sling.  It fastens to tripod screw, like Black Rapid, so very easy to remove when I am indoors and don't want a strap.   I don't have to wear it across my shoulder  -- I do when hiking and swing it to my back.

I also bought a small camera bag to keep it safe -- but don't use it much.  The bag that is!  Too much of a hassle to get it out.   Instead i toss it in my backpack, or in my (big) purse/tote.  Loose.   And I don't use a protective filter and I keep the lens cap off whenever it's out - sitting on my desk or on the car seat or on my body.  I am not taking the lens cap on/off -- too much work.   I use the hood when hiking, and that's protection enough.

I've never had more fun and getting a lot of pictures I would otherwise not get.  In fact, I am amazed at that.  The camera sits on the coffee table in the evening and I manage to get some really cool shots pets and family.   Making it accessible was key for me.   The cell phone camera isn't used nearly as much!

jan

janeenadamsmartin's gear list:janeenadamsmartin's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow