$800 price drop of D600 - will 6D follow?

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
stlsportscom
Regular MemberPosts: 191Gear list
Like?
Re: Overcharged/Overpriced
In reply to Yung Chen, Dec 16, 2012

Yung Chen wrote:

As a life-long Canon DSLR user (from Rebel 300, 5D, 7D, with 100-400L, 17-40L, ...), I just ordered the D600 kit. The reasons? Price, better focus system. Am I switching to Nikon? not yet. The cost of carrying the D600 is close to buying a next generation Canon (I missed 5D3 sales for <$2600, I am ready to settle for 6Dm but the price just can not match the D600 kit deal). If I like the D600, I don't think it will go wrong hardware wise just the user interface side, I will buy more Nikon lenses and move that way. If I don't like the Nikon user interface, I will probably sell iton eBay with little or no loss, and wait for a Canon deal.

I do have some problem with Canon hardware through the years: my 24-105 was send bay for not responding. I am having problem with my 7D occasionally (just more than one year old) for lock up, just like my original Rebel 300. My 7D has explosure consistency problem. In my recent trip to Kyoto, many shots were overexplosed a little bit. Over exposed red leaves are not a pretty sight!

I am thisclose to doing what Mr. Chen has done...for many of the same reasons.

stlsportscom's gear list:stlsportscom's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon ELPH 300 HS Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 350D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
nopeNew
YepNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow