Help me spend my money!!!!!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Van Griff
Contributing MemberPosts: 613Gear list
Like?
Re: Help me spend my money!!!!!!
In reply to joekel, Dec 16, 2012

joekel wrote:

Van Griff is this the right model Nikon AF-S 80-200mm f/2.8D IF-ED (USED) If it is my local camera shop has one listed used like new for sale if it is the the one you mentioned I will call and have them hold it for me. Thanks they are asking 1099 US

joekel

Yes that should be the correct model.

Here is a link to Ken Rockwell's review with several images . . .

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/80200afs.htm

If it is like new as listed then their asking price of $1099 is very reasonable . . . and being an asking price there may be room to negotiate . . . check it out and if all good offer $1000 and see where that gets you . . . settle at $1050 perhaps?

Make sure it has the lens hood and they originally came with a leather case and strap as well.

They often include a filter of some sort which most people always have on the lens.

Make sure the auto focus works fine!

Try and get them to offer some sort of warranty with the lens . . . even if it is only 30 days . . . anything is better than nothing.

Good luck with it!

Best,

V G

Van Griff's gear list:Van Griff's gear list
Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow