A simple, but frustrating question with Lightroom (4.3)

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ben Herrmann
Forum ProPosts: 16,204Gear list
Like?
A simple, but frustrating question with Lightroom (4.3)
Dec 15, 2012

Hi all...

OK - it's time for a brain fart and I'm having a massive one.  It involves Lightroom 4.3  I never used to have this issue, but somehow I must have accidentally chosen an option - which now I can't find to undue.

It involves processing and then editing in another Software Editor (in this case, CS-5).  After I'm finished making adjustments to a RAW file in Lightroom, I right click on my mouse and select "Edit in Photoshop CS 5" - which has never been an issue for me in the past.

But lately, while importing the file into Photoshop to make additional adjustments, Lightroom also makes a TIF copy and places it in the same file that my RAW files are located (with the TIF file having the same name as the RAW file).  I've been unable to figure out how to stop this as I don't want Lightroom saving a TIF copy and placing it into my RAW file folder.  I never used to have this problem, but somehow I did something that causes this to happen.

The file imports into Photoshop just fine and then after making adjustments there, I save it as a TIF file (with my own naming regimen) into the proper target folder.  But how do I stop Lightroom from saving a TIF file into the RAW file during the importing into Photoshop process?

What am I missing here - I know it's something quite simple?

-- hide signature --

Have a great one....
Bernd (Ben) W. Herrmann
North Carolina, USA
link

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Olympus SP-570 UZ Olympus E-10 Olympus E-20 +28 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow