My Fuji HS30 EXR ...

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lloydy
Forum ProPosts: 18,857Gear list
Like?
Ratty ...
In reply to rattymouse, Dec 15, 2012

rattymouse wrote:

"Chiang Mai's smoke levels can be discomfiting, and sometimes dangerous, during rice field-burning season, approximately January through March. The whole of northern Thailand often falls under a thick pall in this period, with hundreds of thousands treated for smoke inhalation. There are typically dozens of deaths. For example in 2007, 58 people died of smoke-related heart attacks. If you intend to visit at this time, you are well-advised to check on smoke levels in advance. Thousands of residents (foreign and Thai) leave Chiang Mai at this time to escape the smoke."

... Wow ! First I have ever heard that and I've lived here over a dozen years.

I guess I wont be going then.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

-- hide signature --

Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
labe MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow