Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
T Nels
Forum MemberPosts: 94Gear list
Like?
5d Mark III Set Up questions
Dec 15, 2012

Being the proud owner of a new Mark III I've been spending a lot of time rtfming (reading the _ manual).  I've also snapped a few shots aaround the house to make sure everything is working fine.  Needless to say, I'm absolutely impressed with the camera.  Upon just reading the review of the 5DIII on this site I noted that when Highlight Tone Priority is set to on, the effect is retained by the RAW files as well as JPG.  If I were to occasionally use Auto Lighting Optimizer, is that also the case?  What, if any of the other optional settings are retained on RAW?  With my XSI and T3i I have primarily shot RAW.  For a recent casual wedding I shot RAW+JPG.  That worked out fairly well as I was able to do some quick editring on the JPGs and burn images to CD for the couple.  I may shoot RAW+JPG more often due to that convenience and would like to know what settings in the 5DIII will have an effect on RAW files.  I would appreciate comments from users of the camera  regarding recommendations for featue settings that you tend to set and leave in place for a majority of your shoots.  Do many of you turn on HTP and leave it on?  Any other recommendations would be appreciated.  I know a lot of this depends on what the heck you're shooting, but if there are features that most of you like, it would help to know.  Thanks.

T Nels's gear list:T Nels's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +7 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow