Goodbye Nikon

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Son Of Waldo
Regular MemberPosts: 259
Like?
Goodbye, old friend
In reply to fpiccarello, Dec 15, 2012

fpiccarello wrote:

Well I finally made the jump. After 30 some odd years of being a die hard Nikon user I dumped all my Nikon digital and switched to a Sony a77 & the NEX5N. Yes Nikon made some fine cameras what's left of their film cameras are still some of the best but their latest digital left me frustrated. Slow AF, issues with back focus, and it seems like all they have been doing is recycling the same cameras and upping the price. The d600 is just the D7000 with a full frame sensor (yes I know it has other features)which happens to be made by Sony. So to me it was only logical then to buy a camera made by the company that makes the sensor. No every shot I take is sharp, clear and I couldn't be happier. So goodbye Nikon it's been a long relationship but now it's over and I'm not looking back. lol

... wait a minute, I can't recall fpiccarello from my memory banks for some reason...

fpiccarello wrote: "Slow AF, issues with back focus, and it seems like all they have been doing is recycling the same cameras and upping the price. The d600 is just the D7000 with a full frame sensor (yes I know it has other features)which happens to be made by Sony".

I haven't noticed these problems with D50's D90, D700 so I don't think you'll be needing to reserve time for camera reviews anytime soon. BTW, the $1500 (give or take a $100 or so) D600 that some were predicting looks to be available this weekend if you're willing to accept that the 'kit' lens is worth a few hundred. And if it's similar (or better) than the 18-105 then it is, IMO. The new 'flagship' from Sony cannot be compared to an entry level FX Nikon either BTW, as some here will vainly be trying to do.

fpiccarello wrote: "So to me it was only logical then to buy a camera made by the company that makes the sensor."

See comment above about camera reviews...

fpiccarello wrote: "No every shot I take is sharp, clear and I couldn't be happier."

Gee, I'd hate to bring the DPReview servers to their knees by searching for "I couldn't be happier."

fpiccarello wrote: "So goodbye Nikon it's been a long relationship but now it's over and I'm not looking back."

Have you been contacted personally by Nikon Corporate yet? A guy with a D7000 and a few lenses leaving could be cause for massive restructuring after all...

fpiccarello wrote" "lol"

Oh.  HaHaHaHa... HaHaHaHa (trying to be somewhat polite here...)

Good luck with your Sony (really), I hope you don't regret your decision as early as Nikon's next DX 'flagship' however. One thing the Alpha series DSLR's  DSLT's will never have over Nikon is with lens selection. And that's an EVER, IMO. The two lenses that do have some interest (uniqueness) for me in the Alpha mount, 135/1.8 and 24/2 should, and likely will, have some sort of equivalent in F mount, eventually.

Goodbye, old friend. Goodbye.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow