Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,620Gear list
Like?
Re: well, after my griping
In reply to ChrisJS, Dec 15, 2012

What I really like about it so far is images taken in lower light like during dusk you can take ISO 400 images and retain all the detail because you adjust exactly the amount of NR you want.  Sure the picture is a little grainy when pixel peeping but viewing the full image even scenery shots look sharp.  Tree branches are not smudged any more and the auto (absolute) color balance is awesome.  Big fat WOW with that setting.  The more I play with this new release the more I am loving it.

The FZ200 uses too much NR in low light shots even in low ISO's.  In the sun the sooc jpg's are fine with lowered NR and sharpness but when you get that difficult lighting image just load the RAW into Silkypix 5 pro and you can get it to look great!

One thing I hated about the SE version was false color could not be fully removed.  Not any more...it has more than enough range to get rid of false color.  So far the defaults have been perfect with that type of noise.

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow