Nex 5n, macro, flash, kit zoom, +10 diopter

Started Aug 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
neok
Junior MemberPosts: 48Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex 5n, macro, flash, kit zoom, +10 diopter
In reply to ikendu, Dec 15, 2012

ikendu wrote:

I did also borrow a friend's Tamron 60mm F2.0 (Nikon mount ... used an adapter). I compared the photos I was able to take with the NEX kit zoom + the Raynox vs. the Tamron. Honestly (and this really surprised me), the kit xoom + Raynox seems every bit as good as the Tamron macro. That's not supposed to be right!

I also love the 18-55 kitlens / Raynox combinations. I recently bought my NEX after having used my +8 and +25 diopters on LX3 and G9 cameras. The 18-55 kitlens gives very sharp photos with these Raynox diopters and autofocus works good and fast. With the +25 diopter you get vignetting when FL is less than 55. I'd love to try out my Raynox's on Sony's 50-210 lens. You'll get no vignetting and larger magnifications, and less DOF, but what about image quality?

Today I shot this cicade with the 18-55 kitlens and +25 diopter. The cicade (Empoasca vitis, female) is only 3 mm long. (It's my first shot with manual focus :-). Cropped.

-- hide signature --
 neok's gear list:neok's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Apple Aperture +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow