Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andrvas
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?
D800 RAW conversion in LR4, color cast
Dec 15, 2012

Hello everyone, new D800 owner here. I more or less always shoot my pictures in RAW and develop them in Lightroom, have done so in all the years with my trustworthy D700 without problems. But I've been noticing that with the D800 RAW files there is a greenish color cast that is very difficult to remove, and it's especially noticeable with pictures taken indoors. The out of camera JPEG's (using Auto WB, "Standard" picture control) looks fine, so it's definitely the RAW developer in Lightroom that struggles. The closest I've been able to mimic the out of camera JPEG's is by using the Camera Calibration in Lightroom with these settings:

Process: 2012

Profile: Camera Standard

Shadows

Tint: 0

Red Primary

Hue: -3

Saturation: -15

Green Primary

Hue: +13

Saturation: 0

Blue Primary

Hue: 0

Saturation: 0

This is my second D800 body by the way, the first one had the same problems in Lightroom (not why I returned it though). My display is also calibrated, gamut range of ~97% Adobe RGB.

Is anyone also experiencing similar things with their D800 RAW's in Lightroom?

Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow