Help me spend my money!!!!!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Van Griff
Contributing MemberPosts: 676Gear list
Like?
Re: Help me spend my money!!!!!!
In reply to joekel, Dec 15, 2012

joekel wrote:

Hi everyone it's been awhile since I have posted. I currently own a D7000 awesome camera, got it 6 mos ago, I have the kit lens and the 35mm 1.8 love this lens! I have been saving my money and and want to buy a telephoto lens, I am looking at the Sigma 70-200 2.8 but recently have been looking at the Sigma 50-150 2.8 The lens will be used for sports, soccer, basketball and cheer leading. I know there is a price difference. I have a budget of 1250.00 us, help me spend it please!!!! You guys have always given me great advice joekel

joekel

I would look around for a NIKON 80 - 200 f/2.8 AF-S . . . it is a spectacular lens and with good light as most of your listed applications should have . . . will provide outstanding images . . . and is a superior lens to the others you have mentioned.

Fast aperture and fast autofocus . . . perf combo for sporting events!

I have the lens coupled with a D7K . . . fab combo!

They are not manufactured new any more but can be found in the $1000 - $1300 range used.

I got real lucky and found one in pristine condition on my local C/L a few years ago for $900 . . . absolutely killer lens that I love!

That would be my recommendation!

Do not get the 80 - 200 f/2.8 D version . . . beautiful lens for stationary images . . . but does not have AF-S . . . uses the old screw drive focus system which is not fast enough for sporting events.

Good luck with your quest!

Best,

V G

Van Griff's gear list:Van Griff's gear list
Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon D7000 +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow