P7000 firmware improvements? Locked

Started Feb 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Mike604
Regular MemberPosts: 126
Re: P7000 firmware improvements? Yes, but not for you.
In reply to Billx08, Dec 15, 2012

Billx08 wrote:

ShootTheMessenger wrote:

My advice is DON’T under any circumstances buy either the P7000 of the P7100 – no matter how attractive the price is.

I know there's a loyal following of sycophantic owners who won't hear a bad word said against Nikon, however there is also a growing army of disillusioned owners, due in part I suspect to the P7000, and I’m one of them.

And there's also a bunch of angry, dyspeptic whining trolls that create fake IDs so that they can gripe and hope that nobody recognizes them. Since you created this "ShootTheMessenger" ID, you've posted all of five messages, all within the last hour, several of them in threads that appeared to have ended long ago. Why not tell us who you really are?

`

So ... I’m done with old school / old world brands like Canon and Nikon who seem to delight in going out of their way to abuse the customer and break a lifetime of built up trust.

From now on for my daily shooter I’ll be exploring companies with integrity, like Sony and Panasonic, and I suggest all existing (or intending) Nikon P7000/P7100 owners do likewise. Certainly anyone considering upgrading to the P7700 should seriously reconsider that decision as I'm sure you'll be entering a world of unnecessary and unwarranted pain. And Yes, I do know that Nikon have reverted to using a standard lens cap on the P7700 instead of those silly blinds, but what other horror stories lay in wait? And yes, for the doubters amongst you, I have seen and used a P7700, and apart from the long overdue fully reticulating screen which should have been fitted to the P7100, it's a very ordinary camera.

Oh ... and I don't mind at all if you shoot the messenger 'cause it's your funeral not mine.

I'd suggest buying into Panasonic. FWIW, one of my Panasonic cameras (a TZ model) retains an older firmware version. Unlike Nikon, the new firmware didn't even try to fix anything or add new features. Its documentation spelled out its one and only purpose, to make third party batteries incompatible.

How do you know He is a troll? Is this what these forums have become? We have to agree with the guys who have 10k plus posts to bitch about a camera we have owned. C'mon.

Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow