follow-up to The World's Worst Question / prime lens recommendation for Nikon D600

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AnalogTrout
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
follow-up to The World's Worst Question / prime lens recommendation for Nikon D600
Dec 15, 2012

Hi!

For all those who generously shared wisdom and opinions with me when I asked The World's Worst Question , I wanted to give an update: I bought the Nikon D600. The $700 rebate for camera + kit lens was just too tempting.

I agonized over this for a long time. I had narrowed down to Fuji X-Pro1 and Nikon D600. My heart wanted the Fuji, but the rest of me believed the Nikon was the smarter, more versatile choice. I talked to a really nice guy from Fuji who gave me some very honest and insightful opinions on my choice. He didn't try to sell me the Fuji at all costs, but rather to help me understand the differences between those two cameras. If he's out there somewhere, I'd like to thank him for his candor and for a good chat.

So, thanks again! And, if you're still reading, I do have a question: I intend to buy a prime lens right off the bat. I have a baby on the way (any second, actually), and I'm using that as an excuse to get a good prime. Anyway, I'd love your recommendations. I'm thinking a 50mm would make sense, but I'm not certain on that. Nor am I certain on Nikon vs. Sigma vs. whatever.

Thoughts?

AnalogTrout's gear list:AnalogTrout's gear list
Pentax Optio W90 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X100S +3 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow