Has DPR just stopped doing reviews? Where to find real reviews?

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,795Gear list
Like?
Re: Has DPR just stopped doing reviews? Where to find real reviews?
In reply to Simon Joinson, Dec 15, 2012

Simon Joinson wrote:

Any business wants to be profitable, and for us increasing profit comes from growth (i.e. the margin remains the same, or even falls, as we get more visitors and try to make the site more appealing). There are easy ways to increase profit, but they would impact on user experience. We could serve you 3x or 4x more adverts and still be below the industry average per session. We could allow pop-ups and other instrusive advertising. And maybe one day market forces will push us that way. But I'll be fighting it every inch of the way.

I'd add that Amazon's general corporate strategy is to pursue market share and satisfied customers, even at the expense of profits.  The idea that Amazon would push you to increase profits at the expense of quality seems absurd to me, as it would be contrary to their general view.

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow