PC-E Why does Nikon let Canon crush it in this area?

Started Dec 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Chas P
Contributing MemberPosts: 812Gear list
Like?
Re: your real estate pics
In reply to LanceVM, Dec 15, 2012

LanceVM wrote:

Canyongazer wrote:

Nice camera work, Glen.

You should consider lighting your interiors. I realize these are just real estate pics and it would slow you down but still....

Personally, I think lit interiors (apart from perhaps the buildings own lights) produce very flat and fake/odd looking images.

Exposure stacking is the answer here, and working with the natural light. Sunlight should be able to provide everything you need, as long as you plan your shoot in regards to time of day and position/direction of sun.

All the best architectural photographers I am aware of shoot with natural light only for the vast majority of work.

Could you point me to some stacked exposures? I've heard about it for shooting star trails but never architecture. I did a google (sorry uk taxpayers) but found nothing.

I'm struggling with getting consistant results over a set of images but am using strobes and 9 shot brackets put through Photomatix.

Much appreciated

Chas P's gear list:Chas P's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 II DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow