Shout out to Paul C Buff's customer service

Started Oct 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
pursang
Forum MemberPosts: 99Gear list
Like?
Re: Shout out to Paul C Buff's customer service
In reply to GodSpeaks, Dec 15, 2012

I had yet another great encounter with Paul's customer service and thought I'd share it to illustrate the consistency of his service. My Vagabond Mini went on the blink and I had an upcoming client session out of state where I needed the unit for some on location shooting. Because I live in California shipping from Paul's offices normally takes about 5 days via UPS. Joe the tech told me that he would expedite my order and I had it in plenty of time before flying to the client location.

Scheduled just prior to the on location session where I needed the VB Mini I was hired to photograph two Cirque du Soleil performers against a cyclorama wall doing some hand to hand acrobatics. Lots of power outlets in the studio.... As luck would have it one of the other tenants in the studio shut off the power to the entire building and left! WTF! In the dark the session was only half done! Since I had my VB Mini with me I booted up the Einsteins and finished the session. I was a bit worried that the unit would not have enough juice for my on location session, but it worked the entire time.

Had his staff not understood my need to have the unit before I left I would have been in deep doodoo.

GodSpeaks wrote:

pursang wrote:

In a world where service is found in voice mail jail or through never answered emails, chat sessions that are so scripted I want to scream, Paul's company and products are SO REFRESHING. I try to run my own business like he does, give customers a great product and excellent customer service. Thank you Paul for innovative products that I can count on time and time again. And if I ever get to meet Debbie, she'll get a huge hug from me.

Absolutely agree, their service is top notch. I have had several AB1600's in for repair. Turn around time was outstanding and prices were even better.

I also dropped one of my CyberSync transmitters and broke the foot so it would not mount on the camera. I wanted them to change the plastic housing, figuring it couldn't cost too much.

I got the repaired item back within a week at no charge!!! They put it under warranty repair. Bear in mind that I had told them it was my fault as I had dropped it. I didn't ask for a warranty repair, I was prepared to pay for my mistake.

So yes, excellent service from Paul C. Buff.

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

pursang's gear list:pursang's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow