Should I move from Olympus to either Canon or Nikon?

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Holly C
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Should I move from Olympus to either Canon or Nikon?
Dec 15, 2012

I'm torn, My first dslr was an Olympus E-420, which I still have, and at one stage I also hastily bought the 50-200mm to go with it (spent a fair bit, but it's a great lens), so I have my E-420 with the 50-200 hanging oddly off of it (and my kit lenses).

I'm looking to upgrade, though I'm not sure If I should stay with Olympus or if I should change systems to something a little more available (e.g. Canon or Nikon), with a broader range of accessories and lenses. Zuiko lenses are just so expensive (they are nice), and the range is pretty limited to the brand

Zuiko lenses are great, but they are expensive, and 4/3rds lenses are also limited in terms of range. If I was going to change systems, I guess it would be better to do it whilst I've only made one extra lens purchase.

Should I sell up and convert, or would it be worth upgrading my Oly system simply to use with the 50-200mm, and then buying my first 'other' branded camera? I understand that Olympus are more focusing on their micro 4/3rds units and haven't released a new dslr in a few years.

Would I be an idiot to buy into a different system? I feel like one.

I just feel like I've thrown money somewhere and maybe I need to stick to it, but I guess it's all part of the learning experience. I'd love some advice from people who know better than me.

Cheers,

Holly.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus E-420
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow