Is the D800 now really Safe????

Started Nov 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
jackmcb
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Re: It is safer.
In reply to digitalman4242, Dec 15, 2012

Nikon Service is non-existant. Two months after I bought my D800 the 10-pin connector for the cable release became unseated and inoperable. I sent it into Nikon LA and it took them a week to acknowledge that they had it even though UPS sent me a delivery receipt showing it arrived overnight (at a cost of $60 incl. insurance) .

After a week Nikon said they had no proof-of-purchase and it would cost $237 to fix it, even though the camera was registered in their warranty data base. So I emailed them a purchase receipt and three days later somebody finally looked at my camera. After two days of looking at it they said they didn't have the parts to fix it. The same ten-pin connector has been used in every Nikon SLR for the past ten years!!

So here I am two weeks later with no camera to use in my work, and no end in sight, When you call their service line you get idiots. When you ask for a supervisor they say they are all busy.

The way Nikon treats high-end customers and users is ridiculous.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow