Did you know this about the Epson Stylus PRO 4800 and 4880?

Started Dec 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,330
Like?
Did you know this about the Epson Stylus PRO 4800 and 4880?
Dec 15, 2012

As far as I know the Epson Stylus PRO 4800 and 4880 Ultrachrome K3 110ML cartridges are the only ones that can be readily refilled directly through the out port.

Unlike just about every single other model, these which using earlier version of the 110ML T60 carts can be refilled with a regular syringe and reset with a easily available resetter from Ebay.

A later version of the T60 carts is also 110ML but about an inch longer, and NOT refillable due to the sneaky retrofitting of the One Way Valve in the exit port to this updated T60 cart. Luckily I have a full set of the older carts that I purchased on ebay ( Cheap ) with the original intention of extracting the inks to use on some of my other EPSON K3 and Vivid Magenta printers. Just need the resetter which is only $15

I am currently making up my mind to jump on a local Craigslist offer for a just serviced PRO 4880 with New Carts and Maintenance tank for a ridiculous low price. So my discovery about the older T60 version and this possible deal would be the ideal set up.

Any opinions?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow