Any ideas on how well Fuji X series are selling?

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,591Gear list
Like?
Re: Any ideas on how well Fuji X series are selling?
In reply to Teera, Dec 15, 2012

I don't know that anyone outside Fuji has sales data. In any case that's only half the equation.

It seems to me that Fuji's difficulty getting enough XE1 zoom kits to all parts of the world tells us something about demand, as does their advice that they've had to defer their production of other lenses to meet the demand for the zoom lens itself.

It's just anecdotal, but the forums' membership seem (principally) to be a happy lot - which bodes well for their models and their lenses. You don't have to look too far to find new model releases that didn't go so well....... And Sony just haven't got the native e-mount lens range or IQ that appeals as much as the Fuji offerings.

I'm still waiting to see a zoom kit where I live in Australia. I'm just holding off on the purchase waiting for a few reviews and the release of the other lenses. I really want to know that the 14mm, 23mm and/or the wide zoom are top performers too.

If there's to be a cat amongst the pigeons, it may be someone releasing an FF mirrorless ILC.  Sony have been rumored to be working on the FF NEX9 for ages and have stated publicly that they're looking at it.......

BTW, someone mentioned holding onto the X lenses for potential use on other cameras. I don't know whether that's feasible - whatever body they're mounted on, Fuji or otherwise, it has to support the focus by wire software that drives the lens elements.

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow