"Writing to memory card was not completed correctly. Recover data?" A99 data corruption w/ SD cards

Started Nov 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gary Friedman
Regular MemberPosts: 327
Like?
Re: "Writing to memory card was not completed correctly. Recover data?"
In reply to Guilbault, Dec 14, 2012

Guilbault wrote:

>Anyone else get this error? "Writing to the memory card was not completed correctly. Recover data? Slot 1"

Happened to me this morning, using a memory card I've used reliably for over a year (Sandisk 8 GB SDHC 1 class 10 - nothing extravagant).  I was in continuous shooting mode but wasn't really shooting aggressively (I'm sure the buffer was nowhere near filled) - .jpg only; one frame every couple of seconds for maybe 20 seconds).  Couldn't make the error go away - the camera wouldn't let me cancel (well, it would but the error would come back again); couldn't swap memory cards ("Please re-insert your original memory card"- the camera wouldn't shoot unless I did).  I finally accepted the camera's offer to recover data, which it did, but it was rather frustrating.

Given that this seems to be happening to more than a handful of people I'm beginning to get worries.  Starting today I'm going to load the second memory slot and keep it as a "hot" standby.

-GF

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow