Panasonic FZ 200 Noise

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,870Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic FZ 200 Noise
In reply to dm2, Dec 14, 2012

I wasn't very happy with my images at first but once you lower sharpness especially the noise fades away in most images.  Low light like at dusk the noise comes back at ISO 100.  Keep NR down to -2 as well to reduce smudged detail or just shoot in RAW.  Its pretty clear the default NR and sharpness are optimized for the use of HDR.  HDR images look pretty clean, not overly sharp and the settings are forced to be the defaults.  It doesn't matter if you used setting of -2 or not because HDR over rides your settings.  Actually image sharpness on my FZ200 looks identical pixel peeping when an image is shot in HDR and then again in program mode with -2 settings of sharpness and NR.

But again -2 for NR and sharpness yields pretty clean images on the FZ200.  Buy the way I bought this camera because I liked the FZ150 images posted here so that is another great camera but it uses different sharpness and NR settings from the FZ200.  I was almost ready to buy an FZ150 to replace the FZ200 until I started shooting with -2 settings.  Much better jpgs even pixel peeping!

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 7D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow