Started Dec 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
57even
Senior MemberPosts: 6,324Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E1 Preview samples ... bleeding red
In reply to abelits, Dec 14, 2012

abelits wrote:

David Hardaway wrote:

That looks more like chromatic aberration to me.

In case of the red bleeding around the pole, that's impossible, chromatic aberration can only shift images at different colors, producing colored bands at the edges of any non-monochrome areas, but it can never be symmetric over such a small area. It may be low resolution of red and blue (what, I believe, is being claimed by describing it as "color bleed") or improper interpolation and filtering over lower gradient of red between the red pole and brown brick wall (what is most likely the case, and probably can be easily fixed with more appropriate demosaic, sharpness and noise filtering settings), but it's not chromatic aberration.

No, its not, but it looks a lot better if you tone down red saturation to something more natural - the poles look like candy bars.

Choice of film simulation mode is rather critical for this camera. Pro Neg Std. definitely works best for me. I stopped using Provia.

Incidentally I have found a couple of similar instances from an older Pentax K20, which I never really worried about as it only affected a handful of shots overall.

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 20mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical RF
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow