Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BearsMom
Regular MemberPosts: 172Gear list
Like?
Just wanted to share
Dec 14, 2012

I really got lucky this week and I want to thank all the people who responded to my many sometiemtimes repetitive posts with patience and wisdom.

Ive been looking for a wide angle and a telephoto zoom for a while.  I know why I wanted the long zoom but didnt have a clue what I could do with a wide angle as Id never had one.  Though I read many reviews and posts I couldnt get past the Nikon 17-35 F2.8.  I dont know why it just stuck to me like Texas mud.

I kept going back and looking at aftermarket but most of your advice centered around buy Nikon at least it keeps its resale value and Ive been watching KEH for what I wanted.  They had several lenses but the day before my cc payment posted and freed up the funds they sold the last one.

I was devastated however I consoled myself that the long zoom was still available. I kept snooping around and found several 17-35's on Amazon but they were much more expensive.  Then just on a self dare I checked Ebay and found a refurbished lens listed from One Call in Spokane.  I went on a search for any information about the company and finally picked up the phone and made a call.

I verified it was a US serial number and that it was indeed a factory refurbish the ones on KEH had been rated excellent and I trust them but this was a real refurbish.  Chad assured me they are a Nikon authorized dealer in case I have any problems.

Ive waited all week on pins and needles and it was just delivered an hour ago.  This lens looks flawless it even came with a factory case and all the paperwork. It also works perfectly and there is no  squeak. The case is unscarred as well and it has a lens hood.  The best part is that it was only $100. more than the one from KEH.  So I got a virtually new lens for $1147.

I can't thank you all enough because I dont just consider this lucky.  I was fortunate but you all gave me all the information I needed to make an informed decision about both the lens and the seller.  I thank you for that truly.

So if anyone doesnt know about One Call I can say they are a good place to do business. I had a reciept within fifteen minutes of placing my order and a shipping and tracking code within two hours.  The lens came double boxed and packed with peanuts foam and bubble wrap in both boxes.

Thanks again for helping me find my Christmas present to me.

Karen

-- hide signature --

KC

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow