I'm sorry sony... i love you but....

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
lonewolf69
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,338
Like?
Re: Where the a99 fits into the scheme of things?
In reply to Bruce Oudekerk, Dec 14, 2012

I got a great idea, how about re-introducing the A900 with the newer imaging sensor and the OVF without the articulated LCD and make it the KILLER FF body to compete with the D600 for under $2K.

A FF without the SLT should be able to easily compete with the D600 for about the same price, heck just re-introduce the A900 with updated firmware to have similar performance of the A99/D600 for the same $2K...

The A99 is a nice camera but it's priced about $900 too high to gain market share, if SONY wants to play in NICHE market then they're on the right track, but if they want to be a true contender instead of a distance 3rd then they will need a budget FF body...

User base will definately needed before SONY can overtake Canon / Nikon, of course that is IF that is their goal because as far as I can see, they are comfortable as distant contender...

Just my two cents...

-- hide signature --

-Alex From the minds of Minolta to the imagination of Sony, Alpha, like no other. www.pbase.com/lonewolf69

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow