New PL5 - set for lens OIS - does it automatically default back to IBIS when no OIS?

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Robert Deutsch
Forum ProPosts: 10,048Gear list
Like?
Re: New PL5 - set for lens OIS - does it automatically default back to IBIS when no OIS?
In reply to gtravis, Dec 14, 2012

gtravis wrote:

Wow, I tried to find something similar on my OM-D E-M5 but it appears to only have the option of turning the IBIS on or off. I have a lot of Panasonic lenses and the ability to have the camera automatically turn off IBIS if a lens with IS is attached (and the lens IS is turned on) would be great.

I had the E-PL5 for a few days, and appreciated the Lens Priority IS option, which seemed to result in the OIS of the 14-42x and the 45-175 producing less blurring at low shutter speeds than the IBIS.  For various reasons, I decided to get the E-M5 instead, and was initially disappointed that it does not have the Lens Priority IS option.  However, I found that the 5-way IBIS of the E-M5 performs better than the Panasonic OIS (on the E-PL5), so even if it had Lens Priority IS I would still use IBIS instead.

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow