Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
MrJamela
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
Re: NEX 6 with ZA 24/1.8
In reply to José B, Dec 14, 2012

José B wrote:

MrJamela wrote:

I know this has been asked repeatedly, so my apologies in advance for bringing it up once more.

I want to buy a new camera and I have narrowed it down to either of these models.

I like the NEX-6 and I'm leaning towards getting it, but I also have an opportunity to purchase the NEX-7 for LESS than the price of the NEX-6 (both new, with their respective kit lenses).

So, all things being equal since cost is not an issue, what do people recommend? I'm not a high-end photographer. I tend to shoot on auto most of the time and switch to making manual adjustments when I'm travelling and have the time and energy to play with the results.

If it matters, I'm planning on pairing either camera with the 24mm 1.8 lens and making that my main set up. Are either of these kit lenses worth having if I have the 24mm Zeiss lens? Or should I save $100 and ditch the lens?

Thanks,

Jaime

Jaime T. Matthew http://mrjamela.smugmug.com/

The Zeiss is my walkabout lens but I also decided to keep the 16-50 kit lens for travel. Without a doubt the Zeiss is a stellar lens in terms of bokeh, clarity, sharpness and color. However, when I need to travel light, the 16-50 will suffice.

That's good to hear.

I ordered the NEX-6. Thanks everyone for your advice. The NEX-6 sounds like it will be better suited for how I shoot so I ordered it on Amazon. Should arrive today.

I'm on the fence with the kit lens, but I may try it out and then decide if I want to keep it or get rid of it.

What lenses (other than the 24mm) are worth owning?

Thanks,

Jaime

-- hide signature --

Jaime T. Matthew

http://mrjamela.smugmug.com/

MrJamela's gear list:MrJamela's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow