Started Dec 14, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
StevieF
Regular MemberPosts: 322Gear list
Like?
The N1 sensor in the real world?
Dec 14, 2012

After being a bit dismissive of the 1 system at the outset, I'm now having a bit of a rethink! The key thing about a CSC for me is it's size/portability c.f a full DSLR rig and if I wanted optimum quality I'd force myself to carry the latter - also the reason why I haven't looked at m4/3 & larger sensors in CSC, they aren't THAT much smaller than my DSLR.

I have a P7100 which is a great camera for its class and my question is - can any N1 users point me to any info that shows that the N1 sensor will produce noticeably better images than the P7100 IN THE REAL WORLD i.e not pixel peeping - can you see an obvious difference on, say, an A4 print where both cameras started off from a RAW image.

I'm talking about the J1/V1 sensor of course, assuming that it's a bit early for anyone to have done the above with the V2 sensor.

I've tried to find comparisons myself but cannot find any - maybe someone around here has had a chance to do the above themselves?

Cheers

Steve

-- hide signature --

You may think that - I couldn't possibly comment.

StevieF's gear list:StevieF's gear list
Ricoh GR Nikon D300 Nikon D7100 Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon 1 J1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon Coolpix P7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow