Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PSB99X
Forum MemberPosts: 71
Like?
Returned my XZ-2....
Dec 14, 2012

Received my XZ-2 several days ago with much anticipation. Here are my thoughts:  (BTW, I also have a Sony RX100 and a Fuji X10)

Pros:

-- hide signature --

Excellent low and high ISO images on "most" occasions. At ISO 800 and above, to me, I think it surpasses the RX100 by a significant margin and also beats the X10  (thanks in large part to the XZ's fast and bright lens).

--Nice set of manual controls

--Adequate AF performance (but could be better)

--Typical Oly JPEG's...that is, nice, eye-pleasing colors

--Overall fast performance, esp. at start-up

--nice, articulated LCD screen

--Solid build quality

--OK video section

Cons:

--Annoying metering issues (esp. on "Auto") that results in many photos that are washed-out, blown, or very dim......I wonder if this is a firmware issue or if I just have a bad unit.

--AF often laggy which results in out-of-focus shots.

--Flash unit very unreliable and weak....often it doesn't even pop-up even in Auto.

--No GPS or Wi-Fi  (considering it's high price)

--Video not as good as the RX100's (which I consider as the Best-in-class)

So the bottom line is that as much as I wanted to like this camera, there's too many problems to justify its high price. I would say that as many as 30-40% of my shots are unacceptable.....maybe due to the metering problem or a bad sensor or who knows?  So I returned it.

Fujifilm X10 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow