Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Skip
Senior MemberPosts: 1,802Gear list
Like?
Re: Silkypix Developer Studio Pro for Panasonic - Special !!!
In reply to ChrisJS, Dec 14, 2012

ChrisJS wrote:

Skip wrote:

I got the email and clicked on the website. I was a bit puzzled by this statement:

"Note) A connection to the Internet (online certification) is required for using this product."

Any idea what's it about?

You have to fill in 3 fields to download it - name, email address and something else - I forget - you can opt out of newsletters etc...

The trial is for 1 month then you have to buy and enter a code to continue.

There's no 'Cloud' rental such as CS6 upgrades etc... as far as I can see..

I don't have any experience with them, but I am concerned that they didn't say the internet was required for download, but instead said it was required for 'using.' Makes me think they want to spy on me or something. Actually, they can spy all they want - they would quickly give up from boredom. But what concerns me is that if my isp went out during some sort of winter storm or I couldn't make the payment, or whatever, I still would want to be able to process my photos without the internet.

Skip's gear list:Skip's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60) Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Sony a77 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Me!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow