CS5 options for later upgrade to CS7 on a Mac

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
arry_girl
Regular MemberPosts: 202Gear list
Like?
Adobe said deactivate prior to clean install
In reply to c.hammett, Dec 14, 2012

c.hammett wrote:

I think there is no question about CS4 and under people, but I can't get a clear answer re: CS5. So I guess I'll go ahead and swallow it and upgrade before 12/31 too. I don't want to start over, and I don't trust what they are going to do. It's pretty bad when Adobe (or any business) can't truly clarify for those of us with CS5.

I hear you, on all counts.  I did get a reply to my question about do I need to deactivate my CS prior to my OS clean install:

"Yes, deactivate before you do the O/S installation to be safe."

I'll add that he also suggested I consider the Cloud option thinking it would be better for me.  I wasn't surprised & politely let him know I prefer to own rather than rent.  He also mentioned if I went the Cloud route, then I could get CS7 in the Spring.  That really surprised me.  Per what I've seen about Adobe's planned upgrades, CS6.5 is due out mid 2013 & CS7 not until 2014.  I mentioned that in my reply so will see what he comes back with.

arry_girl's gear list:arry_girl's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ100 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow