Is anyone else experiencing this craigslist/paypal scam?

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
blogan
Contributing MemberPosts: 681
Like?
Is anyone else experiencing this craigslist/paypal scam?
Dec 14, 2012

I'm trying to sell a lens on craigslist, and have done this in the past with absolutely no problems. But now I'm getting hit with this scam from these people who claim to be buying for someone out of the country and wanting to do business through paypal without even seeing the lens.

It wreaked of scam from the get go, and I posted here not too long ago wondering if anyone else had experienced this, and many seemed to be aware of it.

Man I tell you, I'm losing faith. Not that I had THAT much faith in humans to begin with, but I just don't get it. Craigslist used to be a great resource for buying and selling. It has now turned into a place where thieves, whores and pimps run wild.

And I have used paypal in the past, for purchases with no problem. Although the purchases were through ebay, which seems just as susceptible to scam. I was plenty skeptical buying through ebay but it all worked out just fine.

I'm so naive to all of this, and still kind of believe that everyone out there thinks like I do and basically lives by the do unto others rule. (not citing religion here)

Anyway, what a let down. All I want to do is sell this lens and not screw anyone over. So it appears I will have to find another outlet. Someone mentioned this keh.com which I will check out.

I miss things the way they used to be, but I guess there have always been scams as long as man has walked the earth.

Just ranting and would love to hear comments from others and maybe some solutions.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow