Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
newvusa
Regular MemberPosts: 165Gear list
Like?
Re: Here's my sensor cleaning regime
In reply to monkey10120, Dec 14, 2012

monkey10120 wrote:

aardvark7 wrote:

The advice about the Arctic Butterfly is correct. Indeed, I would steer clear of blowers too, as they can, if not used wisely, make matters worse!

All I've used for the last four years is the Butterfly and I've barely suffered with any dust.

Of course, if any is stuck fast you will have to do a wet clean, but if you take your time and follow the advice, it isn't hard. The main tricks are not to overdo it with the solvent and press harder than you think you should, so the spatula is bending.

In case you think there is a contradiction above, I have cleaned a number of friends' cameras using wet cleaning and I think they used blowers too often and vigorously!

-- hide signature --

2012 : My new year's resolution -
To be decided...

I might just go for the AB instead of the blower then. After doing some research i have not found 1 bad review of it yet. But I know what you mean about blowers, a lot of people say that you could introduced more dust (thats why blowers should have filters built-in).

I just cleaned my A77 using Visible Dust Sensor Brush on this kit.

http://www.visibledust.com/products3.php?pid=611

It cheaper that their AB. The brush worked like a charm and no need for wet cleaning, just the brush.

newvusa's gear list:newvusa's gear list
Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E III Adobe Photoshop CS6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow