SX50 First Impressions

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
evan47
Contributing MemberPosts: 694Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50 First Impressions
In reply to Tim Trzcinski, Dec 14, 2012

Tim Trzcinski wrote:

Received my SX50 from Norman Camera today and excitedly took it out in the backyard to test it. First impressions: 1) AF is faster than the SX40 but doesn't seem as fast as my FZ47 (the FZ47 is very similar to the FZ150, I have used both), 2) at 1200mm I don't see any obvious difference in sharpness compared to the SX40 at 840mm, 3) the lens gets slow fast (by 100mm it is at F5.0) but at the long end it stays at F5.6 beyond 840mm, 4) the Framing Assist buttons being moved helps but at first I accidentally touched them with my left hand instead of my right :), 5) it still clips highlights the same as the SX40 (at least -1/3EV needed and more sometimes) and Dynamic Range Correction may help a little but it is no miracle worker. i found I'm going to go and try to test it more and if no one else has posted images I'll post a few when I return.my first impressions were ok-ish. upon use in the real world if found the sx50 to be a slow, unreliable piece of junk. jack of all trades and master of none. a big dissapointment.

evan47's gear list:evan47's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow