Thoughts on a new printer?

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 5,261Gear list
Like?
Re: Dads HP Officejets print beautiful photos even on plain paper in draft. Also economic ink users.
In reply to rfactor, Dec 14, 2012

rfactor wrote:

Not trying to sound like a sales man, but I was really impressed with the quality of the photo scan feature. I scanned several pictures that are 40 years old and older. The quality was better than the original .

I have been evaluating my printer usage. I realized that when I print text it is rarely for critical viewing such as if you printed a resume, for example. However, infrequent it may be that I print photos, when I do I would certainly want it to look as good as possible.

Given that it appears I have to choose between good text or good photos I think I should lean towards good photos at the expense of text quality.

I have my own set of old pictures. I'm wondering if I ever decide to digitize them if I might decide I need a dedicated scanner or if the ones included in Multi Function printers to a good enough job to suffice?

-- hide signature --

Florida

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow