Illuminations Christmas Fireworks show! (8 imgs)

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,627Gear list
Like?
Illuminations Christmas Fireworks show! (8 imgs)
Dec 14, 2012

Last week I took a photography vacation up to Disney World, where I attended a Disney Photography gathering event called Pixelmania.  It's always nice to get full freedom from family or friends' schedules and demands, and have the trip be about nothing other than taking photos and enjoying oneself!  One highlight of the event is always getting to shoot the Epcot Center Illuminations fireworks show, especially when it's been 'tuned up' for Christmas.  We had lovely reserved front-and-center space to shoot, so I brought the tripod, the A580, used my 18-250mm lens, and added an ND400 9-stop filter so I could keep the shutter open for 30 seconds at a time and capture as many of the big bursts as possible without blowing them out.  Since fireworks are usually shared during July, I thought it might be fun to share some during Christmastime, especially as it was a Christmas-specific show - note all the green and red bursts!

A huge flameball in the middle comes off the lake in the beginning

More flameball and fireworks

Here comes the holiday colors

Greens and reds dominated

Note the colored water fountains too

Ooh - deep blue!

The whole show is beautifully synched to music, too

Approaching the finale, the bursts really pick up

More colors and bursts

Finale - bursts, fountains, streamers...the End!

Comments, questions, critique always welcomed...hope you enjoyed a little holiday fireworks!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow