Like?
Re: How to kill a thread!
In reply to papillon_65, Dec 14, 2012

papillon_65 wrote:

misolo wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

misolo wrote:

Louis_Dobson wrote:

Go on, don't be shy, my feelings won't be hurt, what does anyone else think? I feel the pictures are different enough to be worth shooting, and that neither one is especially inferior to the other...
Plus we have very low tides at the moment, the trouble is you can't get close enough to the damn boat normally, so if we get the right sky I'll go shoot it AGAIN, from closer this time...

Louis_Dobson wrote:

Grunt. Well, it is very hard to be objective in the case of two photos one has taken, one recent (and therefore a source of hope and worry) and one an established old favourite. At the moment, I like both of them. I may change my mind in a few weeks then!

papillon_65 wrote:

Louis_Dobson wrote:

papillon_65 wrote:

I think you've become lazy Louis. I've seen the original you're referring to many times and it's an excellent shot, much better than this one. The composition on this shot is all wrong and just doesn't work for me. Too closely cropped to the bottom and the central composition isn't working for this scene. I agree about breaking the rules but I think you got lazy with this one, and while the colours are great, the rest isn't for me. I think you need to shake things up a bit, I know you can take great shots but I think you've become a bit stale. You're much better than rehashing old shots. It might sound a bit harsh but I expect more from you, which is a testament to what you've previously produced and not criticism for the sake of it.

-- hide signature --

Any problem on earth can be solved by a well aimed Pomegranate...
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

Well, the same damn boat is still there two years later! It's a very similar shot, as I said in the first place, but this time we have peaceful light instead of Turner-esque fire...

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/acam http://thegentlemansnapper.blogspot.com

The original is so much better. I understand the temptation but that's the problem if your standards are high, people come to expect it. I think you can do much better than that. I say that as someone who appreciates your work. It would be easy for me to say, great shot and move swiftly on, but that doesn't do anyone any favours, we all need a kick up the @rse sometimes.

Shooting the same boat over the course of several years can be a project in itself. Not sure what you'd do with it in the end - it's one of those things that may end up in nothing, or you may find a brilliant way of using the material. There's no constraint that it has to be either this or something new.

I gave my opinion it's as simple as that. We could all re-shoot the same things all the time and then things would get very boring. I like to test myself with different subjects and try something new now and again, but that's just me.

-- hide signature --

Tony

What part of "there's no constraint that it has to be either this or something new" isn't clear to you?

What part of "everybody is entitled to their own opinion" isn't clear to you? Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed or something?

-- hide signature --

Tony

I gave a harmless and friendly suggestion in reply to Louis' comment, and you replied to me with what struck me as a puerile and sardonic tone.

"We could all re-shoot the same things all the time and then things would get very boring. I like to test myself with different subjects and try something new now and again, but that's just me."

You seem to think that suggesting a project to shoot the same subject once a year or so over the course of several years is somehow the same as telling him not take pictures of anything else and to "not test himself" -- but "that's just you", of course. People can be strange.

You seem to have projection issues and difficulties with basic reading comprehension. If you are such a sensitive wallflower that you are troubled by my replies, maybe you want to recalibrate your own tone.

misolo's gear list:misolo's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix XP10 Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow