Thermal camera sleeves/covers

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Questions thread
Bjorn_L
Senior MemberPosts: 4,457Gear list
Like?
Not needed
In reply to Rathmell, Dec 14, 2012

Rathmell wrote:

I am going to Finnish Lapland in January and have been told will need thermal covers for the camera otherwise it will freeze. Any ideas where or if these are available please or any other advice.

Camera is a Canon eos600d thanks

I live in Norway where it gets plenty cold in the winter.  I have been out in -20 and not used a sleeve.  Never even seen one.

Use a ziploc to move the camera from the cold to inside so that condensation does not occur.

Try to keep the batteries reasonably warm as very cold weather sucks down the battery life.  I would keep my parka partially open and pop the camera out to shoot.  Body heat will get you close to normal shots per charge.  While a thermal cover will do nothing unless it is heat generating.

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

Bjorn_L's gear list:Bjorn_L's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow