50 1.2

Started Dec 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Molan
Contributing MemberPosts: 502Gear list
Like?
Re: 50 1.2
In reply to nemist, Dec 14, 2012

nemist wrote:

I owned the sony 50 1.4, but I found the resolution and contrast poor when used between f1.4-2. After that, it's great.

I considered the Sigma 50 (I also owned a Sigma 85 1.4), but I am migrating away from a-mount. I don't like Sony's lack of support for serious shooters. So, with the Nikon 50 1.2, I can use it on mirrorless systems (aperture ring) or toss it on a nikon body. That's why I had hoped for a simple converter at first. I had just hoped to mount it on my a850 while I stil have it.

If you feel Nikon is more you style, then indeed jump system. I would advise to go ahead, sell all your Sony gear and buy all the new Nikon you'll need and don't look back.

I know it feels tempting to try to build bridge between the systems, but it's not going to work satisfactory anyway.

So, either stay with Sony or go all in with a total system replacement - yes it will cost you, but in the end you will be happier with a system more to your liking.

Molan's gear list:Molan's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W1 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow