Lens suggestion for Nikon D800 and other advice. thanks.

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AofA
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Lens suggestion for Nikon D800 and other advice. thanks.
Dec 14, 2012

i think that i've decided to purchase the Nikon D800 over the Canon Mark5D IIII.

i am an artist and photog who works in contemporary art.

i need ONE SYSTEM that will allow me to make large prints (when necessary) and broadcast/cinema quality videos.

i do plan on getting a portable rig, lighting and Zoom field recorder and perhaps a focuser/viewfinder. (i'm not informed enough about all the equipment necessary for the kind of work that i plan on doing, but i will be researching this.

i have made large mural prints from my 35m film camera to my satisfaction.

i can't afford to buy a medium format phase system or a prosumer video camera as seperate items.

i've been looking at the lenses for both Canon and Nikon. i can only afford ONE LENS. As i've said, i think i've decided on the D800, but i can't seem to find the lens that would be the most suitable. money is not a concern; i need an exceptional lens. i tend not to shoot wider than 35 and use a focal length that mimics our eyesight, but i like the option of a longer focal length (105m) for portraits and to get a somewhat compressed focal length. i shy away from zooms that have huge focal lengths because i feel they compromise optic quality.

i do own a mint 70 - 300m Nikkor lens. i'm hoping that this would work for the DSLR for work that requires longer focal lengths. i think the aperture is f4.5.

i wish they made a 24 - 105 f2.8-- something like this, as a top quality lens.

-

opinions, advice please, thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow