Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
fpiccarello
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Re: Goodbye Nikon
In reply to cyainparadise, Dec 14, 2012

cyainparadise wrote:

fpiccarello wrote:

Well I finally made the jump. After 30 some odd years of being a die hard Nikon user I dumped all my Nikon digital and switched to a Sony a77 & the NEX5N. Yes Nikon made some fine cameras what's left of their film cameras are still some of the best but their latest digital left me frustrated. Slow AF, issues with back focus, and it seems like all they have been doing is recycling the same cameras and upping the price. The d600 is just the D7000 with a full frame sensor (yes I know it has other features)which happens to be made by Sony. So to me it was only logical then to buy a camera made by the company that makes the sensor. No every shot I take is sharp, clear and I couldn't be happier. So goodbye Nikon it's been a long relationship but now it's over and I'm not looking back. lol

I hope you know the A77 has its own problem with back focus.

I've read all the reviews on the a77 so I knew what to expect and I am happy to say I haven't had any problems yet. I'm not a low light shooter so the noise issue isn't that big of a deal for me. I shoot only RAW so the muddy" JPGs aren't a problem. I did shoot some low light JPGs and didn't find them to be any worse then any other camera I've used. As far as focus issues I find that I shoot sharper images using an inexpensive lens then when I used my Nikon D7000 and an expensive lens, and I love the focus system on the Sony.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow