Santiago, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Brazil Coast and Rio

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Questions thread
WillMc
Regular MemberPosts: 129Gear list
Like?
Re: Santiago, Buenos Aires, Montevideo, Brazil Coast and Rio
In reply to larrymull, Dec 14, 2012

I was in Buenos Aires this fall, and completely agree about what a wonderful city it is, and agree about the locations the previous poster mentioned. You can hardly go wrong just walking around and taking pictures, but Kili Liam's suggestions are right on.  I'll make two points, one a warning and the other a suggestion.  The pickpockets on the subway are world-class. Stay alert and use proper bags and caution for your things. The one time I put some money in my cargo pocket (instead of in my PacSafe bag like my wife told me to), the pocket was unzipped and the money gone, all in about 30 seconds of boarding the subway car, and I didn't feel a thing.  Real artists.

But don't let that deter you from going.  Again, it's a marvelous city.  Now for the suggestion: consider a side trip up to Iguazu Falls.  You'll have to fly or take a 20 hour bus ride, because it's up on the Brazil border, 843 miles from Buenos Aires.  But perhaps you can schedule your itinerary so as to include it.  It's difficult even to describe Iguazu Falls.  It's where a large river dumps into a large canyon.  There are reported to be over 200 waterfalls in this large national park.  I didn't count them, but I have no reason to doubt the count.

I haven't had time to work on the photos I took there, but here's one that may give a taste of what  being down in that canyon is like.

One part of a large canyon with waterfalls all through it.

WillMc's gear list:WillMc's gear list
RX100 III Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow