Fun thread: What Is Your Ideal Kit?

Started Dec 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ZhanMInG12
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Re: Fun thread: What Is Your Ideal Kit?
In reply to DtEW, Dec 14, 2012

The issue I have with native E mount lens is not their IQ, but their compatibility with future equipment (i.e. FF NEX or other brand body). I don't want to sell everything just because Fuji makes a xpro2 or I decide to buy a Leica M digital body. Also, AF is more of a hindrance to photography if you aren't looking for particularly fast capturing. You have to set the focus point to be really accurate at large apertures, which drags you down even more than the focus ring.

That's why I only use m mount lenseson my NEX7 and C3. They'll be compatible with all mirrorless bodies, take ff sensors, have outstanding build quality, and no electronical parts that will no doubt break within a decade.

So for me the current distagon 18mm and 50mm summilux (27mm+75mm) is a pretty neat combo. I would like something in the 90-135 range just to get things closer, but it won't be a travel lens. An ideal combo would probably be the 18mm distagon, a 28mm elmarit for street shooting, a 50mm noctilux for low light/crazy portraits and a 90mm summicron...one can dream, right?

-- hide signature --

too lazy for DSLRs:-)

ZhanMInG12's gear list:ZhanMInG12's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 600D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow