Started Dec 13, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
darkcitrine
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
How to decide between a 6D and 7D?
Dec 13, 2012

Hello.  I am 18 years old and have been shooting a Sony Alpha DSLR for the past 6 years or so.  I am now upgrading but cannot decide between the 6D or 7D.  Very few of the differences matter to me except for the faster shutter speed on the 7D versus the high ISO range on the 6D.  I take photographs for my high school yearbook, so I need a camera that is capable of taking good indoor shots, from basketball games to dances--requiring higher ISOs, but my personal interest is in nature and wildlife photography.  I would like to be able to take pictures of moving animals such as deer and hummingbirds.  Would the 6D be fast enough for this?  Are there any instances that I would be in that would require an ISO higher than 6400?  Is the 8 fps actually usable in that range of ISO on he 7D?  I have learned the ISO range is very different from my sony to the canon, so I am not entirely sure just how high I would have to go.  Thanks.  Any information you could share would be greatly appreciated.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow