First Professional Quality Camera--Help! Compact-camera?

Started Dec 13, 2012 | Questions thread
timedrun
Contributing MemberPosts: 665Gear list
Like?
Re: First Professional Quality Camera--Help! Compact-camera?
In reply to Deleted1929, Dec 13, 2012

sjgcit wrote:

The only comment I'd make is that the X100 is a fixed lens camera - if you don't like that focal length you won't like it. It's very much a niche camera.

The NEX-6 is interesting, but I think you're possibly making a mistake in entering this without first reading up on photography a bit more.

You might consider the Panasonic G3 ( good prices at the moment ) which will be cheaper. Not quite as good in sensor terms as the NEX-6, but still very good and with better hand-on controls and a wider lens selection.

-- hide signature --

StephenG

i agree, the temptation to want the latest and greatest as a first camera is actually the first major pitfall to dodge. the panny g3, samsung nx10 or 11, or a small cheapish dslr from nikon, canon, pentax or sony is the best bet imo.

personally id go for the samsung because their prime lenses are small, very good and, most impotantly for a beginner, cheap.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

timedrun's gear list:timedrun's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow