vdubreeze
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152
Like?
Re: Safari WTF?
In reply to webfrasse, Dec 13, 2012

webfrasse wrote:

vdubreeze wrote:

webfrasse wrote:

Nothing has changed on my mac in terms of how Safari works. There has been new features added but nothing existing has been removed.

How do you get the combined address and search area to go back to being separate boxes?

Pretty sure you can't, why would you need it?

Well, that's different than it hasn't been removed.   For those who like it better, great.   I'm not alone in preferring the two not being combined.  There are ways it behaves that have me missing the split bar, as I find not much for me to go "Wow, great!  This is better!"

For one I prefer that the searched text not disappear when it goes to where it has taken me, so that if I want to search again a few windows later I don't have to go into the history to pull the phrase back into the box to make an amended search.  From there it does the search again rather than just putting it back in the box so I can edit it, so you need to have a new tab out so you don't lose the site you're on.

It's a "simplified" approach but in a lot of people's opinions it was actually simpler to use when it was split in two.  It's giving the search engine more ownership of the tab before you've chosen to actually do the search.  It's all about putting more hits on the search engine's page than anything else.  Take the user there before they want to be there and more often.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow