ericN2
Forum ProPosts: 14,772Gear list
Like?
Re: Putting over 100GB of photos on your phone/tablet
In reply to stzlei, Dec 13, 2012

stzlei wrote:

ericN2 wrote:

stzlei wrote:

The app (Picggy) is now available for iOS and Windows. Anyone interested could give it a try.

The windows client can be downloaded from the website picggy.com

Took me awhile to get any details of it but now got the site on my PC.. but it says it will synch all my photos on PC etc etc...I've got thousands on my computer and certainly don't want all those synched as soon as I connect the iPad/iPhone.. does it give you the chance to CHOOSE exactly what individual pics you may want to transfer ?? .. is it done by Wi-Fi ??..if so..what is different then as between this and such as a couple of other Apps I've got on which quickly transfer by an http://.... entry on the computer.. to either iPad or iPhone ???

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

This app is similar to DropBox in the sense that you can point it to a folder on your PC and every photo in the folder will get sync'd. However, the big difference is that we only copy a resized version of your photos to your iPhone/iPad so it take much less space. For example, it takes about 3GB of storage on my iPad to host 100GB photos.

We want to save you the step of hand picking photos, so we sync your entire folder while minimize the storage cost on your iPad/iPhone.

I see now - I undestand that - but the problem I see is that if it transfers a FOLDER - as designated - I already have all my pics fairly well organised by different cameras and whether Originals, Edits etc etc.. and it is rare that I would want to transfer a whole folder as I have it now..to the iPad..which only serves to show particular ones at any time.. I then need to always make NEW folders of just the ones I want on the iPad.. could be a lot of extra work it seems.. maybe I'm best with the present method of using a Wi-Fi transfer from ANY individual I select...
then ALL the SELECTED ones get transferred at one go.

-- hide signature --

/eric
Staffordshire, UK

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow