Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Y0GI
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,210Gear list
Like?
Re: LOOK HERE:...
In reply to Omni88, Dec 13, 2012

Omni88 wrote:

zigi_S wrote:

IMHO, for people who just want a camera for snapshots, a dslr is not a suitable tool. Better they go for a point and shoot or mirrorless.

I already have 2 point-and-shoot (pocket) cameras (both Canons). I purchased the T4i because of it's ability to control a multitude of settings during the picture taking process to be more creative.

But what I did expect was that at "minimum" even using the T4i as a point-and-shoot camera (turn it on, set to Auto, point and shoot) to get a really quick picture of something... I would expect that the picture would turn out at least half decent... not overexposed or washed out or not enough/too much contrast.

But that being said, it could be that the "look" of the original sample pictures I posted are acceptable picture quality by many people. Maybe there are a lot of people out there (non professionals/everyday users) who think the overexposed pictures, too vivid, washed out, or contrasty (if that's even a word)... look good to them, and that's why Canon skewed their default settings towards that look.

I think that the over-exposed beach scene indicates that there is something wrong with your camera.  If anything, the camera should have under-exposed a scene such as this.

I would send it in to Canon for exposure calibration and send the beach photo with it to demonstrate the problem.

-- hide signature --

Yogi
When you get down to the nuts and bolts of photography, the results depend on the 'nut' behind the camera!
See the 'Gear List' in my 'Profile' for my current equipment.
Check out WilbaW's beginner FAQs at - http://snipurl.com/RebelFAQ

Y0GI's gear list:Y0GI's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow